About Organifi Green Juice
Organifi Green Juice claims to be an easy-to-make, gently dried superfoods drink mix that can boost mental clarity, improve your overall health, reduce stress, detoxify your body, rejuvenate your skin, and boost immunity.
In fact, Organifi claims their Green Juice can supercharge your life, restore your “glowing good health,” and help you feel decades younger in just 30 seconds per day, without having to worry about shopping for ingredients, mixing and blending them, and then cleaning up afterward.
Organifi Green Juice’s ingredients are claimed to be USDA organic, vegan friendly, and made without GMO ingredients, gluten, or soy. These include:
- Chlorella – A green algae that’s claimed to be high in polyunsaturated fats that reduce inflammation and even treat cancer.
- Moringa – May help strengthen cell walls, while preventing diabetes and heart disease.
- Spirulina – High in protein, iron, and calcium, which may provide energy and strength.
- Mint – Claimed to help treat indigestion, cramps, insomnia, and more.
- Beets – Contains high levels of folate and manganese, which are claimed to thin blood and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Matcha Green Tea – Contain EGCG, which may act as an antioxidant to reduce stress and appetite.
- Wheatgrass – Contains high levels of chlorophyll, which is claimed to “cleanse and regenerate” the blood.
- Ashwaghanda – An adaptogen that’s claimed to increase mental focus, lower blood pressure, and boost the immune system.
- Turmeric – Claimed to contain anti-inflammatory agents and antioxidants.
- Lemon – Claimed to reduce appetite, “cool and alkalize the body,” and to stabilize blood sugar.
- Coconut Water – This ingredient is claimed to contain high levels of potassium that can cleanse your kidneys and help Organifi’s ingredients move through the blood.
When it comes down to it, you want to be as healthy as possible, but juicing your own vegetables is time-consuming—not to mention the costs involved. But can Organifi Green Juice provide you with the nutrition you need, the convenience you crave, and a good value for your money? Consider the following:
Does Organifi Green Juice Contain Effective Ingredients?
While there’s no doubt that eating nutritious foods can improve your overall health, what does science have to say about the superfoods contained in Organifi Green Juice?
Organifi Green Juice’s product label.
According to WebMD, there is insufficient clinical evidence available showing that chlorella, moringa, beets, wheatgrass, ashwagandha, lemon, or coconut water can reliably provide any kind of measurable health benefits.
On the other hand, spirulina is listed as “possibly effective” for treating precancerous mouth sores; mint for irritable bowel syndrome, heartburn, and headaches; and green tea (Matcha or otherwise) for mental alertness, due to the caffeine content, as well as for high cholesterol. In addition, turmeric is also listed as “possibly effective” for treating osteoarthritis.
In other words, while some of the ingredients in Organifi Green Juice might provide some mild benefits, based on the available evidence, it appears unlikely that you’ll experience any kind of significant “weight loss, improved focus, balanced hormones, or improved sleep.”
Are Green Juices Helpful for Providing Nutrients?
According to the Washington Post, green juices like Organifi can be an effective way of giving your body the nutrients it needs, although “liquid greens shouldn’t take the place of whole fruits and vegetables. Also, what is in the smoothie makes a big difference. Some smoothies might be an adequate meal substitute; others are more of a healthful snack. In some cases, these drinks are just a glorified dessert.”
Admittedly, getting the right amount of nutrients is a key aspect of maximizing your overall health, but ideally this should come from whole foods, not heat-dried powders that can lose much less nutrient density in the process. And as we learned in the previous section, nutrient density doesn’t necessarily translate into specific benefits.
Organifi’s Marketing Claims
According to the product’s website, Organifi Green Juice has been featured on several popular networks and in large publications such as Dr. Oz, NBC, the LA Times, FOX, and more.
Are Organifi’s Customers Green with Delight?
Organifi Green Juice had an average rating of 4.5 stars on Amazon at the time of our research, based on 58 customer reviews (as of 3/12/15). Common compliments cited pleasant texture/taste, convenience when you’re in a rush or staying away from home for an extended period (vacations, business trips, etc.), and high-quality ingredients.
Among the few complaints for Organifi on Amazon, the most common appeared to reference failure to experience any benefits (energy, overall health, etc.) and high price. Outside of Amazon, there were very few online customer reviews for Organifi Green Juice.
Organifi is manufactured by FitLifeTV, a company founded by Drew Canole, who offers a variety of fitness-based products and services.
Organifi Green Juice Refund Policy
If you choose the single bottle option, you’ll be immediately enrolled in the company’s autoship program, which means you’ll continue receiving a fresh supply of Organifi Green Juice once per month, and your credit card will be billed accordingly. On the other hand, the 3 and 4-bottle options qualify for one-time purchases.
Organifi Green Juice comes with a 30-day “no questions asked” refund policy, although there isn’t any additional information provided on the product’s website.
With this said, in order to request a refund or to cancel your autoship enrollment, you’ll need to contact customer service at 1-760-487-8587.