5 Healthy Roasted Pumpkin Seed Recipes
I don’t know about you, but pumpkin carving is one of my favorite fall activities. Something about seeing the creative orange creations lighting up everyone’s front porches just gives me that warm, fuzzy feeling inside that comes with all things fall!
When gutting out your pumpkin to carve (or when helping your kids with their pumpkins) do you automatically chuck all the pumpkin seeds?
Pumpkin seeds not only can make a delicious and nutritious fall snack, but also give you a boost of great health benefits. They are especially enjoyable when they’re roasted!
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Benefits
- Full Of Essential Nutrients – pumpkin seeds contain a bountiful amount of nutrients, including protein (they make a great vegan source of protein), magnesium (many people are deficient in magnesium), vitamin K, phosphorous, iron, potassium,vitamin B2, folate and more.
- Great Source Of Antioxidants – pumpkin seeds are a strong source of antioxidants, which may help reduce inflammation in the body.
- Improve Prostate/Bladder Health – studies have shown that the nutrients in pumpkin seeds may help with certain bladder issues and BPH.
- Enhances Heart Health – pumpkin seeds have shown to have a positive effect on heart health due to their nutrient quality. They have also shown to influence cholesterol levels.
- Reduces Blood Sugar – studies have found that pumpkin seeds have the ability to help lower blood pressure.
- Aids With Digestion – pumpkin seeds are a great source of fiber, which can help slow digestion and also reduce the chances of unnecessary weight gain.
- Can Help With Weight Loss – also due to the fiber and nutrient content, pumpkin seeds can really help with weight loss goals.
- May Improve Sleep – the tryptophan and magnesium levels in pumpkin seeds have shown that they may have an effect on sleep and can help sleep come easier and more restfully.
These roasted pumpkin seeds benefits and more are all excellent reasons why roasted pumpkin seeds should become one of your new favorite snacks, not just for the fall, but for all year round.
There are several different easy, tasty ways to enjoy roasted pumpkin seeds. Here are some recipe ideas to help get you started.